Introducing the Sibling
Parent/caregiver workshop for families expecting a new baby
Just when you've gotten used to a little more sleep, a bit of a routine and settled into your groove as a young family...here comes a new sibling! While welcoming a new baby to your family is exciting, it also raises some important questions and concerns:
- How will our new addition impact the dynamic of our family?
- How will my firstborn handle this life-changing event?
- Will I really be able to love this new baby as much as I love my older child?
- How will I put both kids to sleep, make dinner, let alone eat if my partner has to work late?
- I finally figured out how to work in some time for myself and my partner...how will I be able to do this with a new baby?
Join Rebecca Walsh, Director of Early Childhood Matters and mother of three, to learn strategies for supporting your child in the transition to a new baby, and laying the foundation for a lifetime of positive sibling relationships. We will also discuss self-care strategies to support parents in this transition to a bigger family, and screen-free activity ideas to keep older siblings engaged while you nurse, swaddle or maybe even take a shower!
Upcoming Course Dates:
Tuesday, June 5, 7:30-9pm at Recess Urban Recreation REGISTER HERE
Cost: $38 individual/$58 couple (discounted for members)