Five-week Parenting Through the Toddler Years series at Millennium Tower. The series runs Tuesday nights, starting August 15 and will run through September 19 (skipping the week of August 26), 7:30-9:30pm and costs $210 for the five-week series. Partners/spouses welcome for an additional $15 per class. You can find the description below.
If you are interested in joining, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have other dates for this series coming up in September if you are interested.
Parenting through the toddler years: Five-Week Series
Workshop series for parents/caregivers with children 12-36 months
The toddler years are a time of rapid growth and change. As toddlers gain new abilities and begin to desire more independence, they can also demonstrate challenging behavior-such as tantrums, refusing to cooperate, hitting, and biting—that leave even seasoned caregivers at a loss.
In this five-week series, parents have the opportunity to share more about their unique child, ask questions, and practice evidence-based positive discipline techniques with other parents of toddlers.
Weekly topics include:
- Toddler sleep (night weaning, nap regressions, nightmares, transitioning to a toddler bed)
- Potty training (when/how to begin, no-pressure strategies, and language/techniques to engage toddlers)
- Positive discipline strategies for challenging toddler behaviors like tantrums, refusing to cooperate, hitting, biting and more.
- Preventative strategies to reduce challenging behaviors, including floor time, routines and rituals, and self-care for parents
- Sensory and art activities (great alternatives to screen time) that will help to focus over- excited toddlers, create calming effects and help organize your child’s developing brain.